Entertainment Final

1st Semester Final Exam

1.)

Camera Assignment 1

This purpose of this assignment was to show off what we knew/know about filmmaking at the beginning of the year. We had the freedom of doing anything we wanted; we could do a short film, commercial, music video, or even a PSA. My group decided on a short film. It took about 2-3 weeks to film and edit everything into a video. Because this was my first video in the entertainment class, it was nerve wracking because I had never worked with people that were older than me or that I didn't know. This project opened up my eyes and made me feel more comfortable working with seniors knowing that I was just as capable as them. This project also gave me a feel for the way the class works and is set up. Most of the feedback we received for that short film was just about lighting issues which makes sense because I think it slipped our minds while we were filming. This concept was a fun idea which made filming fun and made us all enjoy the outcome of it. 

Commercial 

This assignment, in my opinion, was really fun in the sense that I got to work with awesome people and the video came out great. We had the freedom of choosing what we wanted the commercial to be for and my group came up with something unusual- Ramen Noodles. It was a challenge thinking of how we wanted to portray the noodles and how we would pull it off. We got stuck for a while but then we figured that an emotional video would probably be most efficient. During the filming of this video, I earned that filming with a dog can be hard (really hard). The feedback ranged from good to things, to things that we needed to work on. To start, the class thought that the actual footage was shot well in the sense that the clips weren't grainy even when it was dark outside. Some people, however, didn't like that our actor had an Olathe East sweater on. I didn't think it was a huge problem at the time but I could see why people would be upset. Overall, I loved working on this video and I also really liked the outcome of it. 


Treatment

From the start, I will say this wasn't my favorite project but only because I don't enjoy actually writing stories without being given what to write about. Obviously, this isn't convenient for me since I want to study filmmaking but I just cant come to love it. Regardless, I wrote a treatment which I don't think was very good. I kept getting stuck on what to write because I wasn't given any guidelines or I wasn't inspired. Although I didn't like writing it itself, I did enjoy being able to hear the stories that other people got to mold themselves. 

(I don't have my short film, so enjoy my film reel.)

2. 

I think I used my time wisely in this class. During pre-production for every video my group and I would meet to talk about what needed to be done. During production time, before we filmed after school, during class everyone would meet up and talk about what needed to be accomplished later that day. Even when there were times when I couldnt do anything (like in post production when the editor is editing), I usually always worked on client work. Ive done lots of client this year, weather that be for video, graphic design, or photography. There is alwasy something new to learn which comes with practice and time. I hope that im getting a lot of practice so that by the time I go to college and get a real job, ill have experience in the field already which is a huge advantage. 

3.

As I mentioned above, I did lots of client work this semester. To start out, I did videos for the Olathe School District as well as wedding videos, and party videos. I was really excited that I got to do work for the district which included two videos about two different classes. I got to visit Olathe North as well as film here at Olathe Northwest. On top of videos, I got to do lots of photoshoots with people. I have taken family portraits and senior photos. Every photo shoot is fun and different which is what I love about it so much. I have also been able to do work with logos, which have mainly been for makeup artist here in town as well as in other states. Its been fun getting to work with different people and get experience doing things that I love to do. 
Womens Studies 







4.

I think I am doing a good job at trying to get new experiences and trying to strive to be better than before. I have worked hard to try and put my best foot forward for every project and be a team player. I think i'm getting better with the camera but I obviously still have a lot to improve on. I try to learn something new every time I have to film or be at a photoshoot. I also try to have a positive attitude towards everything so that way stuff can be accomplished.

5.  

I hope to improve on other jobs that aren't the camera. I want to be able to learn more about capturing the audio and playing around with lights. You never know when you're gonna need that information. I also hope to learn more about the feature film process because as of right now, I don't really know what i'm doing, which is okay as long as I learn. 

6.

Although all the guest speakers taught me something, my favorite guest speaker by far was Morgan Cooper. It was so cool and inspiring to see someone that used to be in my shoes actually working in the industry. Not only did he give us advise but he also made us feel like we can actually do something and nothing can stop us. It was definitely one of the biggest reality checks because it made me think about what I need to do to be able to get to where he is now. He took the tie out of his day just to come talk to us and I think nothing can ever beat that. 

7.

The All American High School Film Festival was the best experience i've ever had. I honestly don't thin nothing is going to ever top that trip. The trip not only taught me about the industry but it also allowed me to become friends with people I never would've talked to before. It also made me more comfortable in class when I came back. I know this probably sounds crazy but I genuinely think that the trip helped me grow as a filmmaker and as a person. I have dreamed about going to New York for so long and the fact that I got to do it with people that I love and respect is so awesome. This was an eye-opening experience because after leaving there I finally understood that I could make a living out of doing what I love. The trip changed my mind, in the sense that now I want to pursue this career which I didn't want to before, and for that I will be forever thankful. 

8.

For the upcoming feature film, I am the 2nd assistant director. I am beyond excited for the opportunity to learn and grow as a film student. Im hoping to be able to help things run smoother in any way that I possibly can. Organizing is important to me so I am hoping to be able to keep the film on task and on schedule. 

9.

This semester was able to bring me so many good things. I got an internship out of it which is something I am beyond thankful for. I feel like I have grown so much since last year as a sophomore which I think is a huge accomplishment in itself. I look forward to being able to grow more and more next semester and I hope to bring lots of good things to the feature film. 

Thank you for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts