Short Film

     For the short film I worked on this semester, we used Hannah Iverson's script titled "Suspicious Minds". The plot includes a variety of impersonators trying to make it big. This includes impersonators for Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Michael Jackson, ect. While this is going on, one impersonator goes missing. Nobody knows anything until her body is found which goes viral. This makes our main character uncomfortable since he worked in the industry with her. Although he's shaken up, he still takes a gig offer by a very creepy guy anyways because he needs the money. As soon as he gets on stage to perform he looks up and sees that the audience is full of people wearing red masks. He immediately realizes that he's in trouble but it's too late. He manages to escape but flashbacks show the other impersonator not being able to escape and in turn, killed.

     It was pretty easy to determine what we wanted the film to look like since Hannah our script writer/ editor, knew exactly what she wanted for the film. We knew that we wanted to play around with lighting and colors which was something we were able to do effectively. Tayah and I were both assigned to camera depending on what our schedule looked like. It was pretty hard to get days that worked for everyone since most of us have jobs and other compromises. We filmed everything in about five days which honestly was a lot more time than we were expecting. We had about 6 different filming locations which you cant really notice if you watch our film.

     This project I was really excited that I got to take part in using the light kit and being able to mess with the outcome using gels. It was something I had never done before but I was really excited to do it to improve my photography.

     This project especially, it was really important that our group communicated clearly because there were definitely times where we didn't communicate and there were consequences that show in the film itself or even within the group. Everyone in the group really needed to put in their part in this film which is kind of what helped us in the end.

     I think that my group should've worked together more and communicated more because I personally feel like it could've gone a lot smoother. I think we worked well on using the gels on the light kits. It was probably the most rewarding part of the entire film.

     This project taught me the importance of collaboration and communication. I know it may sound like im repeating myself but it really is so important to make sure everyone knows whats going on so nobody has to guess whats going on.

     Overall, there are definitely things I would change if we had a do-over, but I still liked how our video turned out and this experience definitely taught me a lot.

Comments

Popular Posts