Music Video

"Big, Big Plans" by Chris Lane Summary-
      
          One of my favorite videos has to be "Big, Big Plans" by Chris Lane. It is a very simple video of Laurens (Chris Lanes now wife) reaction to the song he made to propose to her. It also has some videos that are played over of both of them doing random stuff and hanging out. At the end he ends up proposing to her- hence the "Big, Big plans". 

          Honestly, this video was very simple and I don't really think they did a big budget video; im sure they just used a simple camera and mic for her reaction. I do, however, think thats what made it even better and more sentimental. All the other videos that were put on top of the original video were also just videos taken on a phone so there wasn't anything too technical about it. 

          They story was just leading up to the moment he asked her to marry her. However, in general, it was the story of their relationship and the music matched with what was going on in the video like when he says "Well, she don't know I already bought a ring. Hid it in the bottom left drawer, right beside the sink" it actually shows him doing that. 

          I really liked that the story was so real and sentimental. The emotions really added to the story and made it so much better which is something I want to add to my music video.

          Ive already learned how to be able to use emotions to mold the story and make it a memorable video for the audience.

          I really liked how the creator made it feel like you were right there with him experiencing such a special moment. The videos were so sweet so they did a good job making the audience feel a certain way and matching the videos to the audio. 

          Since I don't think this music video was supposed to be a big budget and cinematic video, I don't really feel like I could criticize it that much. If anything, I would've shot all the videos leading up to it in a cinematic way but I think they purposely didn't do it that way to make it feel more real.

          Overall, I love this video and the meaning behind it. It makes it more valuably knowing that it was such an intimate moment between two people and they chose to share their story with everyone.


Comments

Popular Posts