Performance Review

Infographic Graphics

        Before leaving for winter break,  our project was to create graphics that will be used in our infographic. I created them using Adobe Illustrator and using the pen tool. 
        It did take me about a week to complete all of my graphics because the purpose of making the graphics was to make them using the pen tool. This slowed me down because I had never used the pen tool to make graphics before so the whole concept was new and it took quite a bit of time to adapt to it. Even though it was hard to get used to the pen tool, I did learn how to use it and it helped me for the long run. 
      Because my graphics, for the most part, were candy, I had trouble. being about to get dementions and textures in the candy. This was especially a problem for my Reeses Peanut Butter Cup because the filling needed texture but there are very limited ways to get a good texture. Overall everything turned out the way I wanted it to (except for the Reeses) and I am pretty content with this project. 

Panorama Project

        For this project, we used multiple pictures to create a whole collage. I used pictures from my trip to Mexico. I created this panorama using Adobe Photoshop and a lot of different tools like masks, and adjustment layers. 
        The biggest challenge for me was being able to make my collage flow but still using all my pictures. It took me about two weeks but there was so much time put into it to make sure it came out okay. I tried to make it look like an overview of many different part of Mexico which is why you can see a city, and the nature of it with pyramids. I am really proud of how this came out because, in my opinion, it flows fairly well and there are so many bright colors and details that catch your eye. 


Landscape Project

Landscape Project
       This was one of our challenge projects where we had a choice to what pictures we got to use. This one was kinda the same as the panorama project but not making it a panorama. We used different pictures and we had to make it seem like it was a picture that was taken. So in summary, we had to make a lot of pictures blend in as one. 
      The biggest challenge was taking a whole bunch of completely different pictures and try to make it look like one picture that was taken. I had to use a lot o f different adjustment layers to make it all flow together. Overall, again, I really like how it came out and the was it flows together came out a lot better than I anticipated. 

How did I use my time in class?

        In my opinion, I used my time wisely and I tried not to get distracted so I can get my projects done without having to worry about it not being done.

Strengths  

      I think project and time management is a strength for me because when I have a goal I tend to finish it because I like to reach my goals. This will be good for the future when I am looking for a job. I probably do need to focus on my communication skills because I also tend to be more quiet and not communicate to others if I need help. 

Summary

      This semester really made me bring out my creative side which usually doesn't come out of me often because school blocks me from using it. I wouldn't really change anything other than the bloggers but I'm biased because I do not like writing. This class definitely introduced new tools to me like using masks which come in handy. One goal for next semester is to go outside of the box a bit because right now I feel like I am not reaching my full potential. 

Comments

Popular Posts