Music Video Review

For this project we got in groups to film/recreate a music video. I got added into a group that I got along with which made this project a lot easier. We decided that we wanted to go with a carefree type vibe for a video. There was a few choices we had but we decided recreate “Young Dumb and Broke” by Khalid. This video had the vibes we were looking for but also takes place in a high school which made it easier for us to film.
I ended up being the cinematographer for this film which taught me so much. I got to learn new things about ISO and changing settings on the camera. This was definitely a fun experience for me and I enjoyed recreating and being able to be behind the camera. It was definitely a challenge to try to get the shots to look ‘carefree’ but also good. A lot of the shots moved around a lot which made it hard to use a tripod. To be honest I only used a tripod maybe twice. The other scenes I either used a monopod or kept it handheld.
This project was overall so much fun and taught me so much. For the most part, I think my group had great communication and we were able to get the project done in a timely manner. If I had to fix something in this project, I would make sure to have every shot in focus and to correct the white balance in each shot. Color correction isn’t fun but sometimes it is necessary.
https://youtu.be/soCxsLRKoxU
We had to adapt while filming a scene.  

Comments

Popular Posts