Graphic Design Semester 2 Review

Infographic

To continue to learn about the principles of graphic design (spacing, color scheme, alignment, etc.) the infographic project expanded our horizons. This project did take a while in the sense that there were many parts to it. This includes the research, the sketches, and the actual trials in adobe. The most prominent challenge was having to figure out the layout that we wanted to have. It was hard to get the layout that we wanted to get just because I wanted everything to be perfect. I started with an original color scheme but in the end I ended up changing most of the colors because I didn't like how it looked with the original ones. I did like to take advice to make anything look better which is what happened with my pie chart for example. I think I could've done better work given more time but I really liked how it came out for the time given.

Poster Design

Personally, this project was the most exciting because it felt like we were actually doing client work for someone who we respect. This one did take a few weeks because we were able to but a significant amount of time and effort into it. The project helped me get a grasp of what it would be like to actually get your work shown and it was fun to create something about something we all liked or someone we all respected. I changed my idea a lot as I went through the project; for example, I was planning on using a pink color scheme but ended up using teal and burnt orange. I wish I would've used the spacing more effectively. The tickets and post cards that went along with it were fun because of how it all managed to tie back together to the poster design. I wish I would've spent more time on the tickets but overall I still like how they came out and im pretty proud of it. 


My Logo

For our last project, we did client work for ourselves. Now this was fun because I got to put my own personal taste into it which was the most interesting part. It took us about two weeks to figure it put starting from the sketches to the final design. I ran into problems with my sketches because I am not creative at all which might come as a surprise but it was really hard for me to get my ideas on paper. I wish I would've had more time because I could've come up with something a lot better than what I have now. My favorite part of this project was my color schemes; I think it fits exactly who I am. The logo I chose would probably classify as modern minimalistic. I liked taking the advice from other because I was able to expand my ideas and truly do the best I could do.

Timing

Overall, I would say that I used my time in class wisely. I tried not to get distracted so I could focus on my work. Im proud of almost everything ive done and I know I couldn't have done that without being on task everyday. I tried to be the best student I could be and I hope that I continue to grow my graphic design skills every year.

Skills


I would say that my two strengths are collaboration and technical skills. As a student in E-Comm for two years now, i have really learned the importance of collaboration. Not only is this relavent in my graphic design class, it is also relavent in my other classes as well as video production. The world is evolving and work is starting to become more collaborative. I feel that collaboration is a skill that everyone needs to learn in order to be a good worker. As for technical skills, at this day, many people have a phone or some type of laptop. Technical skills will be an important strength to have as I venture into the workforce in a few years. 

My weakest strengths are project management and time management. Although I know these are very important skills to have, these are skills I try to work on daily. I have always had a problem with making sure I give myself enough time to complete my tasks. Something is bound to go wrong if I dont have enough time and if I dont plan ahead. This applies to my graphic design class but it also applies to every other class I am taking and will be taking in the near future. 

Conclusion

I loved this class because I was able to come in every day and do something that im passionate about. It was fun to be able to work on something and get feedback but also learn at the same time. The only thing I would change about this class is the blog post (which is ironic because thats what im doing right now).  Im not able to write out what I have done because I dont have a writing skill so doing these are so hard for me. My goal for next year is to make sure I continue to strive towards my goals and work the hardest I can. I also want to submit something to imagine and hopefully get an award.   

Comments

Popular Posts